Over the past 25 years, I have seen many changes in how we travel as…
Monthly Twitter Chat
Questions for February 2018 Twitter Chat
- Is the safety of a place a great consideration for you when choosing a destination or is it more of an afterthought?
- Do you research the safety of a place either formally or informally? What resources do you use in your research?
- Most governments issue travel advisories. Do you review these before visiting a destination?
- Government advisories can warn of everything from counterfeit currency to cartel violence. How severe would the warning need to be to deter you from visiting a destination?
- If you review travel advisories, is this in the very early stages of planning or later when you’ve narrowed down your search or even booked?
- How heavily do government advisories weigh in your decision to travel to a place?
- In the US we have the S.T.E.P. program which allows you to notify the local embassy of your travels in case of emergency. Do you use this kind of program?
- What do you tell friends or family when they express concerns about the places you travel?
- Have you ever avoided a destination because your loved ones feared for your safety?
- Do you consider safety and security the same thing? If not, what’s the difference to you?
- What, if any, precautions do you take to insure your safety and security when traveling?