After years of planning everything from complex, multi-month international travels to long weekend domestic getaways for myself and friends, I am now using this experience to specialize in custom-designed personal travel consulting for cultural understanding and appreciation. I love finding must-see sights, off-the-beaten-path curiosities, and local experiences (walking tours, dinners, etc.) to connect travelers with the local people to learn more about a destination. I will organize all the details of your next voyage so you can relax and enjoy taking in another world, knowing you have an ally in travel planning in all stages of the trip.
My Topical Specialties
- Cultural heritage, UNESCO World Heritage Sites—My life-long passion is studying and learning about other cultures, both academically and informally all my life.
- Museums—I’ve likely visited over 200 museums throughout the world and know where to find the best ones to learn about a culture and destination.
- Festivals—Some noteworthy ones I’ve attended: The Kumbh Mela in Allahabad, India; Chinese Lantern Festival in Montreal; and the Mendoza wine festival in Mendoza, Argentina
- Ethnic dance—I’ve studied and performed various types of ethnic dance for several years and shoot short videos of dance around the world.
- Religious/spiritual travel—My academic background is in world religions and languages and I’ve done much informal study of new age spirituality topics for over 10 years.
- Solo/women travel—With over 25 years of world travel experience in 79 countries on 6 continents, almost all of it as an individual solo female traveler, I know what to watch out for, considerations in different parts of the world, and tips to make your solo travel drama-free.
- Identity/transformational travel—I’m a former life purpose coach and am fascinated by how travel is able to open minds and new doors to new ways of understanding and personal development.
- Vegetarian/vegan travel—I’ve been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 35 years and know where to find great vegetarian food in the world, and where will be a challenge.
“Vicki made our dream vacation in Spain come true! She had great suggestions, flexibility, attention to detail and enthusiasm for all that is Spain. She quickly and efficiently arranged our local travel—by train and bus, found guides for local tours we requested, made reservations for hotels and gave us some terrific suggestions, such as our magical night tour of the Alhambra. She responded to requests, questions, etc. quickly and accurately. She also kept tabs on our tour appointments, informing us while we were in Spain of one date change as soon as she was notified. She is a superb professional and a delightful person to plan a trip with. We recommend her wholeheartedly!” —Mildred Neely and Kathy Brion Virginia: Andalucía 2-week trip, Spring 2017
“Vicki planned and arranged a delightful and relaxing Virginia getaway weekend for us that we won’t soon forget. Our journey included stops at three local wineries serving delicious wines and noshes, an overnight at a charming B&B, and concluded with a subterranean adventure through Virginia’s breathtaking Luray Caverns. A wonderful experience above and below ground—highly recommended!” —Rob Petrie, Maryland: Virginia weekend getaway, Fall 2010
I’d love to help you plan your next trip—whether it’s a weekend getaway, week vacation in the U.S., or long-term international travel. Send me a message if you’d like to get information for your next trip.